Guest Post: Top 5 Pearls to Achieve Beautifully Ageless Results Using Fillers
I am BEYOND excited to have a guest post from celebrity dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe. You might have seen her on TV in shows such as Good Morning America, Dr. Oz and Rachel Ray among many others. And you might have seen me at her office, when we did a chemical peel. I love her and I couldn't me more excited to share her tips with you. All yours Dr. Bowe:
My patients love fillers because they deliver a true “wow” result, literally erasing years from your skin! Here are my tips to getting your best results when you have filler injections:
1. This is no time to shop around for the best price in town! Bargain prices can mean diluted or contaminated product, or an inexperienced injector. This is your face and injecting fillers requires expertise and training. You want beautiful, natural results, so you want the hands injecting your face to be trusted, trained, and artistic.
2. You want to stop taking Aleve, Advil, Ibuprofen and fish oil a full TWO WEEKS prior to your first appointment. This will minimize your risk of bruising and swelling.
3. I always encourage my patients to stay as true to their natural look as possible. I call my aesthetic the “New Natural” because my patients look well rested, radiant, and healthy- never “done” or “fake,” So, I ask my patients to bring in a picture from a time in their lives where they felt their most confident and most beautiful and that is our inspiration for filler treatments!
4. Be aware of your options! There is a new generation of fillers which is specifically designed to move with your face, to move with your expressions, and to look extremely natural. Be sure to ask about the different types of filler and techniques your practitioner uses. I tailor my filler selection to each patient’s needs, which, in my opinion, is the best way to deliver personalized, gorgeous results!
5. Ask how long your fillers will last. For example, the same filler might last two years under your eyes but only 4 months around your mouth! This is important so you know when you need a touch up!
As I tell my patients, injectables are one of many tools available to rejuvenate, smooth, and brighten your skin. I love to stay on the pulse of all of the latest developments in my field and to share my knowledge with my patients, media audience, family and friends!! For more info, check out my website here.